Thank you to the 100+ women who attended our Launch Party on Thursday, October 4th, and especially to our panelists for sharing insights on their development as women leaders.
Here are eight key takeaways from the discussion:
- Doing good work will get you a seat at the table. You have to network and be visible internally so that others are aware of the good work you're doing.
- Identify sponsors, and ask for (and be open to) their advice.
- Get comfortable with being uncomfortable; seek out stretch assignments.
- Its OK to break the rules sometimes.
- Its OK to fail – everybody does, and you will learn from it.
- Men don't question whether they can handle a promotion; why should women?
- Aim HIGH, think bigger.
- It gets easier to maintain a work-life balance perspective as you move up in your organization. It gives you more freedom to set your own schedule.
Big THANKS to our panelists:
- Kathi Lutton, Principal of Fish & Richardson
- Erin Rand, COO of CustomWare Asia Pacific
- Catherine Valentine, VP Legal and GC of Logitech
And to our event sponsor, Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
Please visit our Facebook page to view photos from the event and stay tuned for the next event!