May is here and that means longer days, increased energy and more time for networking! Here are six ways to get more out of your CLUB membership (and help other women) above and beyond our many programming events.
- Invite a friend or colleague to join the CLUB. The more women we have in our community, the more power and connections we have to tap into. Our goal this year is to grow to 500 full members, and we need your help to do so! Many CLUB members are able to get their employers to cover the cost of their membership.
- Join a CLUB Committee. Build deeper connections with other members while giving back to the CLUB by serving on one of our committees. Our programming and outreach is 100% member driven on a volunteer basis! Committees include:
a. Marketing – even if you only have a couple of hours to spare, we need help marketing our awesome CLUB to potential members and to drive our leadership for women agenda. Please drop a line to email@example.com
b. Membership – Looking to grow your network? Help to drive our membership including recruiting new members, welcoming & onboarding new members, and finding opportunities to increase membership. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
c. Partnerships - Help us build and maintain relationships with other Bay Area non-profits and organizations whose vision of empowering women aligns with our own. Email email@example.com
d. Programming – Got a great idea for a program, or a knack for organizing events? Lead or support organizing one of our programming events! Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
e. Technology – Help to improve the CLUB’s use of technology including digital events, please contact email@example.com.
- Join a CLUB interest group. Did you know the CLUB has dozens of smaller groups around industry focus, interests and geographic locations? These groups meet from time to time and also discuss topics of interest and also share asks for each other through our online forums.
To join a group, log into the secure members-only area of our website at theclubsv.org, edit your profile and under Group participation, check the box of the group you’d like to join. Each group has its own discussion board. You can post new topics, reply to existing discussions as well as subscribe to receive updates when new discussions are posted.
To participate in group discussions, login to the secure member site, then navigate to Members – Groups for the group you have joined. To receive updates click the “Subscribe to forum” link on the Group Forum page. (Note: members who received notifications prior to the migration to the new members site will need to re-subscribe to notifications on the new site). Here’s a short video tutorial on how to manage group settings: https://theclubsv.org/video-tutorial-group-participation/
- Participate on our online discussions or job referrals board on the CLUB’s members only website. There are a number of online discussions including member Good News, and a Job Referral Board. You can post new topics, reply to existing discussions as well as subscribe to receive updates when new discussions are posted by clicking the “Subscribe to forum” link.
- Have Event Planning Experience? Help us plan our anniversary party which happens every fall. We are looking for 1 to 2 individuals to work with our special events lead to plan and coordinate the event. Please email Kristiane at firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.
- Become our Volunteer Coordinator. If you love to connect people, this is the job for you. We are looking for a volunteer 5 to 8 hours per month to help connect our volunteers with open needs. Please email Kristiane at email@example.com if interested.
President & Co-Founder, The CLUB